About the author

Jean Broida

Jean Broida is a freelance writer with hundreds of published health articles. She also covers politics, climate, technology, finance, conspiracies, and paranormal topics. Jean is a popular guest on taboo-topic radio shows such as “Midnight in the Desert” and a regular news commentator on the Paralogian Report on Paraversal Universe Radio. Jean’s first book, UNKNOWN OBJECTS: The Top Ten U.S. UFO Cases, is available on Amazon where reader feedback is always appreciated. For a fast-paced and forward thinking presentation to your group, contact Jean@LightWork111.com.

Related Articles

17 Comments

1. 1

Chris

Where did you get the 50 to 60 percent effectiveness rate? In the past 5 years the effectiveness rate has been less than 15 percent. It has been such an embarrassment that the CDC no longer publishes the actual efficacy rate until well after the flu season is over. In 2018 the CDC was reporting multiple cases of the flu well into May which in the past was unheard of.

2. 2

TurtleShroom

It’s refreshing to see someone who disagrees with the flu shot without being an anti-vaccine retard. Innoculation against influenza is an entirely different animal from innoculation against, say, diptheria or smallpox.

1. 2.1

Barbara Adams

Children have not been vaccinated against smallpox since well before mine came on the scene, TurtleSchroom. Pay attention,

3. 3

Agatha Brown

It’s horrible beyond measure that a parent who thought she was doing the right thing for her child lost her. What is inexcusable is that for what you pay this not very good writer for her “article” she has used anecdotal incidents to spread fear. I am going to unsubscribe, but just needed to register my distaste.

1. 3.1

Billy

Reading your comment it would appear that you shouldn’t attack the writing skills of others as you slur and run, as it were.

4. 4

Susan

Something Jean Broida left out of her article on flu shots, is that there are Mercury free flu shots for those who question, and rightly so, why mercury is an ingredient in these shots at all!?!
    Her article is meant to frighten people regarding shots suggested by physicians, which may convince some, that getting any shot is dangerous. What would be dangerous, is if no one was vaccinated from diseases that were essentially unheard of for years and years, until the recent past, where you have parents refusing to inoculate their children from measles, mumps, rubella, polio and the like, which may result in these illnesses roaring back. People should be well informed, and not just by doctors, but studies regarding shots. Then make decisions regarding your children’s health.

1. 4.1

Leo

Yea, some are mercury free only to have aluminum. Also the article didn’t correct the blatant lie, 80,000 flu deaths last year. That number included all sorts of respiratory illnesses. The true verified data (data where a flu virus was confirmed was at least two orders of magnitude smaller.

5. 5

Mona

I had a miscarriage immediately after getting a flu shot at work. I was on my 5 th month of pregnancy. I knew it was due to that injection: right away after injection I felt like was going to pass out. I went to the hospital in the same evening few hours after the injections. My water broke down, and I had a worst night of my life. None of the medical personnel thought it was connected with flu shot, of course! However, it was my first and last flu shot. Very sad.

6. 6

Mona

7. 7

William Drobnes

Ummm, 80,000 dead and 900,000 hospitalized from the flu last year…and she recommends no vaccination citing three anecdotes that may or may not be related to the shots? I suppose she also advocates against other vaccinations that have been scientifically shown to not causa autism. She should stick to UFOs!

8. 8

David

Agatha – you are of course entitled to your opinion, but perhaps you will accept that there is in reality an opposite and very valid point of view.
    Influenza vaccines are notoriously poor in terms of “coverage” guesstimates for each ‘flu season – last years’ was in single figures – and for those concerned about “possible” side-effects, this often proves a risk not worth taking. Death remains one of the irreversible conditions in human frailty – influenza rarely ( but occasionally does, let’s stay honest ) results in terminal illness.
    Some strains of influenza can and do cause a Pandemic, but given the inaccuracy of the forecasting currently available to guide drug corporations in their formulations six months ahead of each flu season, it appears highly unlikely that a correct pandemic-preventing strain will be identified in time. So we are really only talking about each years’ actual low-risk strains, at best.
    Having been exposed to many years international travel to ALL parts of the world, and having been required to often be certified as innoculated against several virus’
    strains not presenting in the “civilised world”, I am used to taking vaccines in my stride, but I am under no illusions, it is ALWAYS a game of Russian Roulette and you never know when or if “the gun” is loaded until too late.
    With those happy thoughts (?) I wish everyone here, your good self included, a Very Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year 2019 – Flu-Free.

9. 9

FT

Well said Agatha Brown. This is unsubstantiated reporting. Vaccination has gotten a really bad name due to articles such as this. The world has gotten rid of numerous diseases due to vaccination. To make such accusations without scientific research and backing it purely on anectodes is really irresponsible. I am unsubscribing as well.

10. 10

Judy

The Jean Broida article on the flu shot was written with obvious bias. It’s unfortunate she couldn’t just report the facts so people can make their own informed decision regarding vaccination. The CDC does enormous good in this country and the world. I’m left wondering what kind of medical education Ms. Broida has that she is qualified to criticize so sarcastically the premier infectious disease organization in the world?

11. 11

Rick

I wonder how many who got the flu shot died with the flu later? I haven’t seen any numbers on that!

Rick

1. 11.1

Leo

Look up Health Science Institute (HSI) for more unbiased (by big pharma) data.

12. 12

D.L.

I have seen people almost die from flu slots. I would never get one and don’t intend to. take good vitamins to avoid getting sick.

13. 13

Buck

I’m 61 years young…I was a regular recipient of the flu vaccine for a good portion of the years after I turned 40. During those years I experienced SEVERAL cases of the flu. When I was in my mid 50’s, one season I was talked into a pneumonia vaccine along with the flu shot. That season I got the flu AND pneumonia! Purely anecdotal, you may say? Perhaps…but that was the last time I ever had a flu or pneumonia shot. And over 5 years later, I have yet to suffer a bout of the flu or pneumonia. I’ve had a mild cold or two, but nothing that knocked me down for weeks!