About the author

Jean Broida

Jean Broida is a freelance writer with over one hundred published health articles. She has also contributed hundreds of articles on politics, climate, technology, finance, conspiracies, and UFOs. Her first book is due for publication in September 2018. Contact Jean@LightWork111.com.

Related Articles

6 Comments

1. 1

Joanne DeSanto

So where can I read about Part 2 of this article above?

2. 2

Joanne DeSanto

So where can I read about Part 2 of this article above?

Where is the duplicate comment you refer to?

3. 3

jan

I’ve had a heart attack 9 yrs ago..I had stop statin med’s because of the SIDE AFFECTS. I embacked on a healthy diet and have not being able to find dietricians that specialize in a diet to just keeping Cholesterol levels down and managable. Any suggestions of a Website that can give such imformation?

4. 4

C.Driver

Would like to read part 2

5. 5

Buck

Ah yes…..the dreaded cholesterol curse! I’m not a doctor and I’ve never played one on TV…although I have slept at least once at a Holiday Inn! Now that we have the legal disclosures out of the way, do your research before you swallow the poison known as “statins”. To begin with, there is NO concrete connection between so called “high cholesterol” and heart attacks. There are plenty of doctor’s “opinions” but, the science is still anecdotal. What is a PROVEN fact is that statins are horrible drugs! and on top of that, that only lower the blood panel numbers on a small percentage of users. What are the potential side effects of statins? How about diabetes, muscle weakness, kidney and liver failures, fatigue and bleeding in the brain! Wow, now that sounds like a “wonder” drug, right? Just like many of the health maintenance failures in US adults, the answer is not “better living through chemistry”, the answer is “better living through activity”. US citizens are getting fatter and unhealthier every year. Why? Because automation, fast food, genetically modified meats and grains, TV, computer games and just a lazy existence has created a nation of couch potatoes! But it doesn’t HAVE to be that way. We live in an era where there it seems there is a gym or a park on every corner! Walk your dog, walk your cat, walk your spouse, walk yourself, walk your kids, walk your PET ROCK! Just move your muscles and pump oxygen rich blood through those arteries! You love meat you say? Fine….grass fed beef is low in fat, loaded with good vitamins and amino acid and is good for you! Not a pound worth at a sitting, or every night…but in moderation with organic vegetables and organic whole grains. I raise grass fed beef. No hormones, no grains, no garbage! Yeah, it’s going to cost you a little more, so you will have to skip the Starbucks poison latte! And if you are hunter….venison is leaner than any red meat or chicken on this earth. Ever had an elk steak or roast? Amazing flavor and amazingly healthy! Lose some weight, exercise, clean up your diet and throw those statins in the garbage!

6. 6

Roy

I quit stains at least 5 years ago. Had heart attack in 2011. My HDL is 43 my LDL dropped from 121 to 102 without the deadly statins. However I have NAFLD. Thank you big pharma